Rain X on a scope?

You can't, Bushnell will sue you for their Rainguard copyright infringement.:D

I'd worry that it would mess with any of the optical coatings on your outer lenses.

It's made out of a wax base so I doubt it would hurt. Try it on a leupold if it messes it up send it in. Or have liberty optics try it on a vx1.

I do not know if what I was told is true or not but here it goes. A customer of mine said he tried it. He said after it dried he wiped it off and that it looked like it lifted up some of the scopes coatings. Again I do not know it his is true. I thought about doing it to a cheap scope I have.

Mike @ CSGW

www.csgunworks.com
[email protected]

Here's some testimonials about CS GunWorks
FEEDBACK about CSGUNWORKS on AR15.com
FEEDBACK about CSGUNWORKS on Snipersparadise
FEEDBACK about CSGUNWORKS on the HIDE

A cheap scope would not have the same coatings as an expensive scope, therefore not much to learn IMHO

Should work the same as it does on you truck's windshield provided that you can keep the rifle going at least 50 mph. :>)

I don't believe that RainX was designed for stationary glass.

Should work the same as it does on you truck's windshield provided that you can keep the rifle going at least 50 mph. :>)

I don't believe that RainX was designed for stationary glass.

Nor was it intended for lenses with optical coatings

This is what Leoupld said about it...

"Rick, it will help at the beginning but I do not recommend using Rain X, my suggestion is trying a substance called Kleer-Vu they can be reached at 208-524-4949"

Kleer Vu Anti-Fog Cleaner is the web address.

I am going to try some and see if it works for scopes and my eye glasses.

Was talking with Arnold at US Optics (directs production, QC and some R&D) today about another matter and I brought this up and he got a chuckle out of it. On the lower line optics it may not make a difference at first but eventually it will degrade performance.

This is the best way to clean your optics IMHO-- watch and learn:

http://www.usoptics.com/video/cln1.wmv

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.