Rabbit hunting with dogs!!!

HUAINAMACHERO

Just finished my vacations. Went whitetail hunting but no luck with the bucks, saw a couple of big does but werent what I was looking for. In the meanwhile we got to hunt rabbits with a bunch of dogs and the horses. Just ride, the rabbit runs, and the dogs chase them until one gets a hold of them, and then you take it away from the dogs. It was a lot of fun. We hunted 54 in a day. Didnt gun)shot any, but it was a different way of hunting, and was a lot of fun.
Just sharing hunting experiences.lightbulb
Hope you enjoy the pictures.:D
IMG_2709.jpg

IMG_2714.jpg

Well, I have killed a truck load of rabbits before but I have never killed a horse load of rabbits.

What kind of dogs do you use?

Did you eat the rabbits? Have any good rabbit recipes?

Dogs did all the work, and they don't get pic... For shame... haha..
Lets see the pups... I have a feeling you used some sort of wolf hound or something..

Thanks for the comments guys!!!:)
We used the community people dogs. This hunt took place in the Andes mountains in central Ecuador, in the rural areas people have dogs for many purposes, and one of those is hunting small game as a way to get protein in their diet. They are mixed breeds of everything, and they are not a breed in particular just a mixture of who knows, some are big some are really small, but all of them participate and help you in the hunt.
The pictures below show some of them. Promise next time will take better pictures of the dogs.
For a recipe I skin them, and fry them in Coca-Cola:D
P1000065.jpg

IMG_2717.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.