Rabbiddog scores again

Rabbiddog

Had to go out to call on a ranch this morning. Nice cold morning no wind and a day off what else could I do.
We've called and shot several coyotes here and ever since we started the landowner hasn't lost a single animal as opposed to 1-2 every couple months before.
So I been experimenting with new sounds as of late. Left my go to sounds on the Fox Pro alone and went back to a Hare sound that has been good for me the last several times out.
So here's the lay out I'm calling a wide valley that drops off at the narrow end into a some brush then a lower pasture, Thats where the coyotes usually come from so I've only been to the lower to scout never called cause we can sneak in and call em into this valley so there's been no need to go down and probably spook em out.
2011-10-28hunting004.jpg

2011-10-28hunting005-1.jpg

So once settled in at my rock where I can see the whole valley I play a series on my Ruffi-Dawg hand call. After a few mins of that I stop and wait a couple mins then I fire up the Fox Pro and play Scrub Hare and it didn't take long here.
I see movement on my right side and thats when I saw the big Owl swoop outta the oak tree and fly right down and actually hit my Mojo decoy almost knocking it over. It goes up and lands in an oak right above the Mojo and watches it for a while then swoops down and hit it again on its way back to the other tree on other side of valley and while this is going on a coyote had come over the top of the saddle from the lower pasture and I had been watching the darned Owl and didn't see the coyote till Owl was gone and I took a look around.
This Coyote came right in to about 200 yds and stopped taking a good look at Mojo. Then proceeded in but then it decided to head up into the rocks out in front of me just on the left edge of the valley, When it emerged again it was on top of a rock thats where I centered the cross hairs right on his chest for a frontal shot and gave him the BOOM,WHAP,FLOP treatment. Hit just to the right of the center of its chest and came out behind the shoulder. Found it piled up in between some rock out croppings. I paced it off and it was approx. 205 yds I'm still using the 105 AMAX for coyote and it is devastating and more importantly it extremely accurate.
2011-10-28hunting006.jpg

Coyote was standing on some rocks just to the left of the grass opening back near the tree line. Not a big coyote but big enough to kill goats and sheep unfortunetly it had a run in with my Savage Predator 243. You can see my Fox Pro CS-24 and Mojo decoy in the pic with my rifle.

2011-10-28hunting003.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.