R&R gunsmithing LLC

JK

I FOUND THIS ON UP FOR AUCTION. Stiller Predator - tacticle 700 remington custom : Bolt Action at GunBroker.com
SO I CALLED R&R gunsmithing LLC ,GONA GET ME THE SAME GUN BUILT
IN 6MM BR. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.
progress.gif

No offense but....
starting price of $3,600 !!!!
For that price I hope a Nightforce 8-32 NXS rings and bases are included.

Stiller action $750
Lilja Barrel $325
Brake $100
Bell and Carlson stock $400
Cerokote metal finish $175
Timney trigger $100
HS DM $275
Chamber, Brake installed, Pillar bedded $500

You can figure it out from here.lightbulb

Last edited:
Kevins right.

IMO too many guys get suckered into "package" pricing, when you figure actual retail on the parts and standard labor/installation costs and there is a "premium" often being paid for a package. In some cases rather substantial.

Oh sure they call it a tactical, or super dooper whiz bang name, and make more than they could pricing it out regularily.

Rarely, do you see it result in a cost savings for the buyer, but it can happen. Some smiths do offer packages that are a deal, but normally that is on different levels of work and not often on complete guns.

Now having said that all gunsmiths are normally in the business to make money and should by all means. It just means as the "consumer" a little bit of caution and research might find a better deal for you over many "package" deals. It pays to figure it out first.

If a gunsmith will not quote standard rates for standard work such as chambering, brake installation,etc RUN do not walk away and do it backwards!!!:D

Now some might disagree, but my money. If you got the money to burn, it really does not matter if that is what you want too.

BH

Last edited:
Thanks, i thought that was steep. But i was quoted $2750 with out muzzel brake, for 6mmbr, its on hold for now any way.....

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.