R BROS build

trueblue

IMG_1132.jpg
IMG_1238.jpg
This is a rifle Travis Redell of RBROS built me last year. I have not shot it much, due to magbox feeding issues of Seekins design and shoulder surgury in Jan of this year. Magbox issues still not corrected, but that is another story.
Anyway, went out this evening and zeroed my scope @ 100 then took it out to 750 on a mansize target of steel. No problem hitting steel with it. Decided to shoot a 5 shot group at 300 yards.
Now this group might not be as good as some can shoot, but I impressed myself by having to shoot 3 of the 5 shots without my glasses as the fog from humidity made it impossible to see with them on. The group measures 1.13"
Also, I had to break shooting form from pron to get up on my hands and knees after every shot in order to chamber the next round as the 6.5x47 Lapua cases are still nosing up in Seekins mags and the bolt is riding over them and not feeding.
So, enjoy the pics, and thanks Travis for a great build.
JIM

Its been a year, but going off memory:
Brux barrel staggered flute 1:8x Rem Sendero 26"
Stiller SA Predator
Seekins 20 MOA rail with keyed recoil lug
Manners T4
DE brake
Jewell trigger
Seekins DBM
Shoots the 130gr Bergers @ 2975fps And recoil with the DE brake is extremely mild.
Sendero man, I could take some other pics if you would like. Tell me what you would like to see.

Nice shootin' Trueblue. Congrats. Id be proud of a group like that too after changing positions so many times, and glasses on and off..... Come to think of it, Id be proud of a group like that at 300 even without all the movin around:D.

+1 w/winmag. Hell I'd take that group w/glasses and same position. Nice shooting trueblue.

Yup, they build a great rifle and have done right by me and my daughter.
I have 2 myself plus the one Shayla has sitting in the safes.
There's nothing like watching my daughter shoot her pink rifle at 1245 yards and put up a sub moa 5 shot group.

trueblue, I'm told by the local shooters with the 6.5x47 and 6.5creedmore that the badger bottom metal and AI mags work fine together. Maybe you should have it changed out. I'd think your smith would take care of it without question if the rifle he built wasn't funtioning properly...?? I don't know the situation - obviously there's some back story there...

Regardless, I like the looks of your rifle. What is the coating? I'm also interested in your fluting, which is like my .260 barrel. Brux does a great job with that style of flutes. How many rows of flutes are on your sendero contour?

loadersloft,
If I can't get this feeding issue resolved, I might have to change bottom metal as you suggest.

To answer your other questions, the coating is Cerakote, done by Travis ( R BROS ) . He does a great job of coating and digital camo on stock.
The barrel has 10 flutes.

1245 yards and sub moa 5 shot group...Outstanding. You must be very proud of your daughter. Any pics of that pink rig or at least some specs?

trueblue...

shot of action area.... left and right

shot of barrel and brake.

just a bigger and better shot of whole rifle.

NICE RIG !

you try the Scenars yet ?

Travis sure builds some very nice rifles! I'll be sending him some work in the near future myself. Nice rifle, wouldn't expect any less from Travis.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.