Quik Fletch

j870sm

I had some arrows that needed to be refletched and I am tired of paying to have this done. I bought a package of these (I think they are called quik fletch) and the hardest part to putting these on is boiling the water. I did 4 arrows and I think they are pretty good so far. I am wondering about their durability.

Any one else used these???

Got some real usable data on these. I put 2 of the 4 arrows with the quik fletch installation through hogs. They are still intact and none the worse for wear. These seem to be pretty good and durable.

I paid $14.99 for 6 of these at Academy. I have found them cheaper on the internet. I did very little prep to the shaft before attaching these. I did remove the old vanes and removed as much old glue as I could with a pocket knife (scraping gently). I wiped each down with alcohol. I used my fish cooker to heat the water.

I have shot all 4 of these arrows approximately 50 times each into a target and 2 of them have passed through animals. All 4 are still looking good

Sounds like you're on to something. I've seen these advertised for quite a while so thought they might be a good product. The one advantage to fletching your own is that usually only one vane gets trashed so having the ability to just replace one at the time is a good thing. Granted, the initial cost of getting set up cost more than a few dollars but should be considered. Sharing this cost with a buddy or two might make sense to you an help ease the pain.

Just my .02 cents....now I'm broke.

Oh yeah, bow hunting porkers during off season is where it's at. Way too much fun.

I got lucky on the pig sticking. I had to go to the feed store to pick up some stough for the yard. I was looking around and got to talking to an older gentleman about the weather, the rain and the creeks rising. Rain turned the conversation to fishing the creeks and the sand bass run. He told me where to go to catch all the sand bass I wanted. Then he said to watch out for hogs.....I jumped on that and told him I would love to get into that with my bow. I have permission to hunt all his land any time I want for hogs but only with my bow.

Good news. Funny how one thing leads to another. Years ago I was looking for access to an area in Colorado. Problem was private land blocked any way to this mountain range I wanted to hunt. While poking around near the base of this range I ran into a fellow in the process of installing a clutch in an old jeep. Next thing I knew I had helped him with the installation before asking if he knew of any access to this area. Long story short, not only did he give me permission, he loaned me one of his horses and suggested where to go scouting above timberline.

We became friends and hunted together many times. You never know.

Enjoy the hog hunting, it is a lot of fun.

I have never tried the quick fletch although I have thought about it several times. I have been using the AZ-EZ fletch for years now.

I have hunted deer, antelope, elk, prairie dog, rattle snake, and even dove when bored with a bow, man I wish I could go on a hog hunt!!! I have hunted javelina with rifle but never with bow.

Hog or javelina hunting with a bow is a blast. We stalk on them and put the smack down on 'em every chance we get. There are a lot of hogs all over Texas and there's a lot of public ground that you can hunt. You really can get into the hogs if you talk to people. The public ground where we have been hunting is by permit only. When I went to get my permit the warden asked me what I was mainly interested in and I told him ducks. I talked with him for quite a while and he mentioned the number of hogs but could only hunt them with bow. I didn't give it much thought until after duck season. Since duck season we have been putting a hurting on the hogs and have never seen another hunter out there. It is getting a little late to be hunting them now casue they are eating the wild onions like crazy. It seems it is OK to season a pork roast with onions but if they have been eating onions the meat is a little loud for my taste.

The Quik Fletch has proven to be a good solution for fletching up arrows for me. They are still holding on and 2 of them have been through hogs and 1 went into the fletching but did not go all the way through becasue the arrow was driven into the ground on the backside.

Wanted to update this. I have done a few more arrows with this product and I still have no complaints. I have shot these from 20 yds out to 50 and they fly true out of my bow. They are holding on very well.

I tried a different method, i didn't want to get the fish cooker out. I used a 2 quart mixing bowl with regular tap water and heated in microwave for 12 minutes at 100% power. I should have measured the water temp but didn't. This worked very well, no curling of the vanes at all and the adhesion seems to be great. I believe I am going to pass on buying a fletching jig at this point and use this product for awhile.

Glad to hear they worked out for you, I Fletch my own with a Bitzenburger..Not real hard to do. How much do the Quick Fletch weigh?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.