Quieting my bow

I can understand the shoulder. I just thought it was interesting that the closer I got to the max draw weight it appeared the bow got quieter. Also I was only burying about half the arrow into the target and with only two cranks I am now burying about 2/3rd's of the arrow. Since this is the first year bow hunting the first elk I get a shot at I am going to take. A cow in the freezer taste better than a bull still in the woods.

I can understand the shoulder. I just thought it was interesting that the closer I got to the max draw weight it appeared the bow got quieter. Also I was only burying about half the arrow into the target and with only two cranks I am now burying about 2/3rd's of the arrow. Since this is the first year bow hunting the first elk I get a shot at I am going to take. A cow in the freezer taste better than a bull still in the woods.

I understand that. I usually wait until day 5 before I will shoot a cow but I definitely have no problem with one in my freezer.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.