quickload

There's some basic tricks to using it.
A. Try to build a load where Pmax and Z1 are on top of each other (in the graph), this gives the best groupings
B. Try to build a load with a minimum exit pressure, this will have the least bullet upset.
C. Keep the powder loaded in the brass just under or just over 100% (I use anywhere between 96%-105%), never right on 100%. If it's a 100%, some shells will be compressed and some not, they will have different burn characteristics.
D. After you've modeled a load, shot it and worked with it to get your groups tight, adjust the case volume setting in Quickload to get a matching muzzle velocity.
E. Once you've got a completed load, note the barrel time. This is your barrel harmonic time. Use this to create other loads for that barrel, match your barrel time and you should have a load that groups tightly.

Remember this is a modelling tool, and you must use it in conjunction with results from actual shooting really make it sing.

AB

Is this what works for you. I am using the program now and it´s great. DIdn´t know about this.

For what stands Z1 ?

I have been using the program for 9 years.
Before that I amassed ~ 50 load books.
I don't use the load books anymore.

The Quicktarget that comes with it is very helpful for long range.
It will show the trajectory of a boat tail bullet as much better than a flat tail.
The length of taper and smaller diameter can be custom entered if you have bullet not in the library.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts