QuickLoad file for 30 Sherman Magnum case

fzr989

Hello, I was looking to see if anyone has a QuickLoad case file for Rich's 30 Sherman Magnum case. I would be extremely appreciative if anyone would share it with me.
Thanks in advance.

I just installed the latest update for quickload and no 30 sherman listed in it. Perhaps someone has designed it in the program.

There is only one thing you NEED to know between different cartridges of same cal: H20 capacity.
You could use a 308win selected in QL, with 30 Sherman capacity entered, and it all works for the 30 Sherman. Then save that file as a 30 Sherman.

Found this in GRT for whatever its worth

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-02-09 21-16-37.png
    Screenshot from 2023-02-09 21-16-37.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 45
I measured my case capacity and plugged in a quantity of n570, the same as my last reloads and wanted to see how close my actual measured velocities are compared to what quickload says. I tried this with a couple of my other cartridges and found the velocities very close. This one is not working as well, so I wanted to figure out why. I have already made sure that the barrel specs were entered correctly into quickload.

Have you measured every detail? Case length, bullet length, bullet diameter. Did you also check water capacity of a FIRED case? Every single detail is important. Be sure to set the temperature to match the conditions you are shooting in. Garbage in garbage out. Keep in mind that QL and GRT are predictions only. Could you be using powder that is newer or older than the powder model in QL? Once you make absolutely certain that you have every detail correct and accurate, then you can adjust the Ba factor in the powder model until the predicted velocity matches the measured velocity. Then the powder model is adjusted to YOUR rifle. I recommend reading the QL instructions in detail if you havent already done so. There are a number of setting in there you should learn about.

X2 on measuring actual H2O capacity of the fully formed cases and making sure bullet info is all correct, specifically resultant COAL based on your seating depth.

I enter shank seating depth, H20 capacity, and I make sure I have a known good barrel selected (correct bore capacity). I might fiddle with weighting factor if I suspect it's needed. There are a lot of bogus barrels in QL.

Were the other ones you tried with the same powder and same lot of powder? BA may be off for the particular can/lot you are using in this instance.

I double checked all of my barrel dimensions and confirmed they were accurate in QL. I checked my H2O capacity of a fired case and put it into QL. My velocities were still off, so I adjusted the BA so that my velocities match. I'm going to try this lot of powder with the adjusted BA in another cartridge and see how it works now. Thanks everyone for the help understanding QL. I appreciate it.