quick load request

LEFTYM77

I was Priming some brass last night and I noticed some of the primers felt like they were going in a little easier than they did before. I was wondering if someone with quick load could run some info for me to see if my pressures are up there. I don't think they should be. but I would like some confirmation. I am shoot fired lapua brass, (4th loading) with 40.6 gr of IMR 4350 and 95gr SMK's out of a 26 in 9.25 tw barrel
does this seem hot to anyone ?

I'm guessing .243 Win.

I had to use the 95gr Ballistic Tip, since my quickload doesn't have the SMK.

For 40.6 of IMR in a 26" barrel, it says 2958fps and 49030psi (max is 60191)

So I imagine you are correct that you are in the 'safe' zone. If you are loading against the lands, it can radically change the pressure. And you understand that quickload is only a simulation and vary from the real world.

Hope this helps.

AJ

Yea 243 sorry, im not touching the lands, im about 5 thou off, the primers are not loose, they just didn't feel as tight as the new brass I loaded right after. but I guess after 4 loadings things might change a bit. When people talk of loose pockets are the primers rattling around in the hole?

4 loadings can cause a noticeable 'feel' difference when you are seating your primers. As long as they stay in, you are OK.

Loose primers for my 338AM after 6 firings or so means some of the primers won't stay in! You can feel a change in most brass after 3-4 firings.

AJ

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts