Quick Detach Bipod

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by agdavis, Feb 20, 2013.

1. agdavis

agdavis Member

I am looking for a bipod where I can take it off or put it on with just a snap of the wrist. I looked really hard at the Stoney Point quick detach version but it has two major draw backs. 1) every web page with a review says somewhere that the thing breaks when it gets cold and I hunt in really cold weather quite often. 2) The legs are always down.
    I would really like to keep the modifications to my wood stock to a minimum. Does anyone have any good bipods that they would like to tell me about? If it helps I am looking at the Coldwell bipods with their quick disconnect.

2. lsm62

lsm62 Well-Known Member

Check out versa-pod. I use them and like them.

3. C.O. Shooter

C.O. Shooter Well-Known Member

Take a look at the Atlas Bipods

4. CA48

CA48 Well-Known Member

5. SaskShooter

SaskShooter Well-Known Member

Check out Vanguard bipods, they use a bracket that mounts to your front sling swivel stud, and the bipod clips onto a short Picatinny rail on the bracket.

6. sp6x6

sp6x6 Well-Known Member

Atlas on a rail is the best your going to get.I favor the Seekin SRS rail,thein put rails on your other rifles and use the QD.

7. BrentM

BrentM Well-Known Member

I bought the stoney point and it lasted about 7 rounds and the piece that attaches to the swivel stud came apart. I took it back. Currently I am using a blackhawk unit that swivels and cants. Nice. I would like something similar but in a QD model. I do, however, really like the blackhawk for the mountain terrain I hunt.

8. mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner Well-Known Member

I'll be a little more blunt---the stoney point is CRAP.

Randy

9. Bullet bumper

Bullet bumper Well-Known Member

The Atlas with QD mount is good . You could also buy an American defence rail adapter to work on a Harris or clone .
    American Defense MFG, LLC | Browse | Bipod Mounts
    Bed the adapter wit JB weld to the bi-pod so it can't slop about and loosen up . With the Harris type pull down screw I drill a hole in the thumb screw and lock wire it up .