quick and probably stupid question

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by tropicmaster, Sep 22, 2009.

1. tropicmaster

tropicmaster Member

Obviously I am new to LR shooting. I am about finished with my rifle/caliber selection and today was surfing scopes. I noticed that very few scope come with target turrets, but I see lots of pics on here, and other sites of guys who have them. Are they available aftermarket, or do you have to buy one of the scopes that come so equipped? I cannot imagine that anybody takes off dust caps in the field and uses a screwdriver!

2. kiwi3006

kiwi3006 Well-Known Member

Leupold will fit target turrets to any of their scopes. Their M1 turret does not need dust covers.
    If you can't find the model you want with target turrets, check to see if they are "finger" adjustable ie you don't need a screwdriver etc to move the turret.
    Target turrets are personal preference, I don't have them as my rifle is my only rifle and I also use it for bush stalking and didn't want tall turrets sticking out.

Stu.

3. trebark

trebark Well-Known Member

tropic:
    kiwi is right, Leupold's custom shop will build a scope just about any way you want. They can install whatever knobs and reticle you want. https://customshop.leupold.com/custom_shop.php

In order to find the scopes with the turrets, check out the manufacturers websites. There will you find their complete lines of scopes and which ones have turrets.....bushnell, leupold, nightforce

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009