Questions re: Reloader 25

David P. Herne

Gentlemen,
I seem to recall that before the emergence of this forum, when we were all knee deep in the mire at Hunt America, there was much heated discussion over the the then new Reloader 25 propellant. If memory serves me, some of you spoke very highly of it while others were very critical. But since I don't recall any specifics, I'm asking if any of you have ever seen enormous velocity spreads with this propellant (i.e. > 150 fps), or even worse in my opinion, deplorably low velocities (i.e. well under projected or published data)?

The reason I ask is because I've been having such problems with my .408 Chey-Tac. For example, a load incorporating 126-grains of Reloader 25 and LRBTs 419-grain solid BT is producing velocities ranging from a high of 2850 fps to a low of 2600 fps! Note that this load is not supposed to be moving at under 2850 fps!

Regards,
Dave

Have you checked the bearing surface and diameter of the bullets??? If you are using an electronic scale try a manual scale. I have had friends that use electronic setups get BONED by them!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts