Questions on Crimping

Quarter Round

I'm working up loads for my 270 WBM and have some questions about crimping. The loads topped with the 140 Accubond assuming it shoots well and used for whitetail, mulies, and bear.
Should I crimp?
Are there dedicated crimp dies for the 270 WBM out their?
Could a RCBS seater die be converted to a dedicated crimp die?

Thanks for all the replies.

I don't see the point in crimping ammo unless your REALY hard on in or run through a full auto weapon. If your looking for a tighter hold on your bullets then you might want to polish down your expander button a little , take a measurment with a mic and buff down .001" that should be plenty to significanly.

On another not I would highly reccomend trying the Lee Collet dies ,they will greatly increase the life of that expensive brass.

I prefer not to crimp, but this ammo is being developed to hold up to a flight this fall. I'm concerned the rough handling and flight will change the seating depth.

Not lickly the handling will be that rough! Just pack them well in styrofoam and boxes. Keep them well protected.

Unless the airlines have changed their policy, they state that ammo must be in its factory box. They don't have to know that it is reloaded ammo but it does need to be in a factory type ammo box most likely the styrofoam type that holds and protects the ammo. Check out the regulations before you fly.

Sorry I haven't responded sooner, but you know how the eviil work thing is that supports our habits and haveits. Anyways my neck tension is good so I'm thinking I'll just drop this crimping idea.

I had planned to pack the ammo in the MTM or Frankford Arsenal type boxes, padded lids, and labeled. I guess my first order of business is to check with the airlines and make sure this will not be an issue.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.