Questions for Sightron 8 x 32 x 56 owners

Rustystud

I have a safe full of Lepould scopes and now own one 24x Sightron target scope. I have just ordered a 8 x 32 x 56 Sightron for F class shooting. Do any of you already have this scope and how are you liking it?

Rustystud

Rusty -
I recently purchased the SIII 8-32. It compares very well with the NF 8-32.
I don't shoot competitively but when I am working up loads it really works well. The glass is really clear and sharp. The clicks seem to be very accurate.
Bottom line IMHO it rates right in up there with the NF. Only problem is it doesn't have a big NF on the side. :rolleyes:
I don't have any good Leupold scopes, only and old 3-9 VXII so I can't give you an opinion about how they compare.

I have a couple 8 x 25 Leupolds to compaire to. I am interested in compairson to Night Force. I can buy two SIII sightrons a the bass and rings for one Night Force. I suspect the Nightforce is more durable but the Sightron Waranty is second to none and their corporate office is 2 miles from my house. I will find out this season shooting F- Class.

Rustystud

Rusty -
I heard a rumor they are looking at other reticles for the 8-32. They only have the one for that scope but they use the mildot for others.
Do you know if that is true?
Sure be nice if they could use the 1/4 minute dot and stack them up to make a mildot style but in MOA instead.
Let us know what you think of the scope and if you hear anything about the new reticle.
squirrelduster

Rusty -
I heard a rumor they are looking at other reticles for the 8-32. They only have the one for that scope but they use the mildot for others.
Do you know if that is true?
Sure be nice if they could use the 1/4 minute dot and stack them up to make a mildot style but in MOA instead.

There is a guy TK Lee who does mods to the scopes and this guy who's contact info I got directly from Sightron. It seems the reticle choices are the biggest thing holding people from buying them. I'm just waiting on some forum members to do some side by sides and post.

Bill Ackerman at Optical Services Inc 575-589-3833. He actually makes our benchrest dot reticle. Please contact Bill for reticle variations and cost.

My new SIII 8 x 32 x 56 arrived yesterday

I got home yesterday and the brown truck had already been there. My Sightron SIII 8 x 32 x 56 had come in. I unpacked it and imediately went outside to look throught it. The cross hairs and dot appeared much smaller than I expected. The quality of clarity was good from edge to edge. The focus appeared to work well at different distances. The power adjustment moved smoothly and raised and lowered the power with no slips or gaps in adjustment. As for clearity, I would say it is clear than both my Lepould 6.5 X 20 and my 45 X Leupold. I would say it is both brighter and clearer than my NightForce 8 x 32 and my straight 24 X Sightron. It will be another month before I get my new rifle finished. The proof will be in the 1000 yard testing.

Nat Lambeth

Look up "PA hog" here. He has one and I got look through it at a steel target(the size and shape of a ground hog) at 950 yards or something close to that. The dot is way smaller than you'd think. Very nice scope. I have one on back order.

I have use my Sightron 8 x 32 x 56 or F Class 600yds, to 1000yds.

So far it has compared very well to my Night force scopes.

I am waiting on the new 10 x 50 X 56 Sightron scope due out in October.

Nat Lambeth

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts