question on mcmillan lazz stock

älg

does anyone know if this stock has a flat or round forend, and how wide it is ?? proibably to be used on a new 300 rum .

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone know if this stock has a flat or round forend, and how wide it is ?? proibably to be used on a new 300 rum .

[/ QUOTE ]

Round, but wider than a normal sporter stock.

got a long action lazz t-hole sporter for sale if interested...

JB

jb1000br.

a t-hole is tempting but not what i am searching for. I am to decide myself between an A3 and the lazz sporter.That´s why I was wondering how flat-wide the slazz. sp. is.

Thanks.

10-4

Not near as flat as the A3, but almost as wide...

lazz is like a mild beavertail. much less than the rem VS/VLS etc.

I'll try to get a pic if i can find the one gun in storage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JB

which would you choose of those two, if you have shot both ( A3 and lazz sporter). interest in the lazz is becaue of raise cheek, maybe better for heavy recoil.

Hmm, well, no concrete decision maker, i like both. But i have another a3 and a5 and another a5 or 2 in planning, so im just trying to keep things consistant.

Also, the A2-5 will take a fatter barrel...

Cant really comment on recoil handling cause i dont have any big boomers...

HTH,
JB

BTW -- i will still try to get pics this weekend if i get a chance.

Finally!

A3 is JUST a touch wider:
DSC01220.jpg

DSC01211.jpg

JB

[ QUOTE ]
by the way, that´s some barrel you have on the a3 ¡¡

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really -- it is actually thinner than i want /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

the SS barrel is just a rem sporter. A3 is M40 contour.

Glad it helped, cause i spent an hour finding the rifle and getting the pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

JB

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.