Question on Black Hills brass

G

Any of you guys out their shooting Black Hills ammo and reloading the brass ?? I'm fixing to get started on a 300Win mag project and was wondering if I should just use the Black Hills ammo and reload their brass or just get Lapua brass and start from scratch?

I guess the actual question is what is the make or quality of the Black Hills 300 Win brass ??

I understand that .308 Win. brass with Black Hills Ammo on the headstamp is usually made by Winchester. I have .300 Win brass from BHA that has both their headstamps (likely Win.also) and Norma.
Regardless, we find it to be excellent brass.

Jones,

Go to snipersparadise.com. MANY of the 300WM guys there use the stuff and they say it is norma brass for the 300WM. I can't say from personal experience though. If you go there, one of the administrators or "celt" who is a moderator could tell you accurately what it is. Again, from everything I've read it is norma which will be great. Of course if you are handloading you can't go wrong with lapua brass to start out with.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.