Question for the gunsmiths--H-S Precision barrels, Jarret barrels

Derek M.

I was just wondering if any of you guys who build rifles have considered, if even available, using the cut-rifled H-S Precision barrels or Kenny Jarret barrels. If I recall, H-S Precision has a 1/2" guarantee with their rifles.

I'd also like opinions on their actions.

Will Kenny Jarret sell his barrels? I suppose this question may be premature since I have not investigated it.

I wasen't aware that Kenny Jarret made his own barrels , from the work I've seen on his guns and the cost I woulden't buy one!!

As for the HS barrels , I've never delt with them other than on one of their tactical rifles , it shot well diden't seem to foul that bad but in either case their was nothing to jump up and down about.

On another note , I have never been aware of either one of these barrels on anybodys (who was in the upper rankings in BR or F-class) equiptment list.

With so many other great proven options out their I woulden't bother.

I was just wondering if any of you guys who build rifles have considered, if even available, using the cut-rifled H-S Precision barrels or Kenny Jarret barrels. If I recall, H-S Precision has a 1/2" guarantee with their rifles.

I'd also like opinions on their actions.

Will Kenny Jarret sell his barrels? I suppose this question may be premature since I have not investigated it.

HS makes a lot of testing barrels. On the other topic, we are all trying to put bullets into the same hole. You don't need to spend over say approx 2500 ($1100-1300 action, $600 barrel w/chamber and /crown, $600 for stock and bedding, $150 for rings and bases) using the best custom components (minus trigger and scope) to get the job done.

In reality, what you are seeking is a good custom action, a barrel installation on the custom action, and bedding of your custom barrelled action into your preference of a stock. Not any secrets or rocket science. Just a good chambering job with everything else square, flat, concentric and proper contact of mating components and the rest is up to the shooter.

Good shooting.

James

If you want a cut rifled barrel the brands to get are Kreiger, RockCreek or Bartlein. In button rifled Broughton, Hart, PacNor etc. I don't believe Jarrett sells his barrels. Eaxpect 12wk delivery from all as they are in great demand by long tange target shooters and the tactical crowd.
Randy

If you want a cut rifled barrel the brands to get are Kreiger, RockCreek or Bartlein. In button rifled Broughton, Hart, PacNor etc. I don't believe Jarrett sells his barrels. Eaxpect 12wk delivery from all as they are in great demand by long tange target shooters and the tactical crowd.
Randy

Don't forget Rock and K&P barrels. Both of those are cut as well.\

James

I was told that K&P was making HS barrels. Other than that the only barrels he makes are for the big stuff(408,50 and such). I owned a k&p on a 260 remmy, I wasnt that impressed. I wasnt as easy as to clean as some and didnt shoot extreamly well. But I didnt do the chamber job on it. I did however rebarrel that action in 7RUM and it shot! It is bartlein for me all the way. No break in needed. NO fowling. I got 350 rounds on the 7RUM before I cleaned it. It was about as dirty as a factory tube after 20 rounds. But Schneider and Rock are close too.

Jason

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.