Question for the experts??? Need help!!!

HUAINAMACHERO

I have a remington 600 action, in 223 rem, that I put a shilen countour 5, 25 inch barrel, timney trigger, and a ram line stock. I have a regular base for this setup, the leupold base, but I want to install a picatinny rail, does someone know if a EGW Remington 660 Picatinny Scope Mount fit the 600???
What picatinny rail should I order from EGW for this rig?
Thanks guys!!!

Last edited:
Joseph,
I did look in the internet at EGW webpage but id doesnt state there that the specific rail that you mentioned would fit a Remington 600 action. Another rail states about the Remington 660 action, but not about the Remington 600. The picture of the rail you mentioned shows 4 drillings to secure the rail to the rifle, and the Remington 600 action only has 3 holes for that.
DSC00083.jpg

DSC00084.jpg

I know its a little harder for you to find stuff down their cause your a mexican doctor or something like that. I ran into a similar situation with a mcmillan action. Had to have Kevin Cram make me a scope base out of rail stock. Just a thought if your search yealds nothing drop him a pm

Thank you guys for your help. Already did post the same question on the Gunsmithing forum, lets see what I can get from there.
And yes I dont live in the States, used to live in Mexico, now in Ecuador, and it is real tough to get stuff like the ones we use and need. :):):) Thanks anyway.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.