Question for Moderators

Aussie

Guys ,
Excuse my I.T. ignorance but why is it that some posts on the forum s-t-r-e-t-c-h out about 2 screen widths across whilst others fit in a normal screen width ? It's a real pain in the butt scrolling back and forth to read the wide ones . Anything you or I can do to overcome this problem ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

T h e W i d e P o s t s p r o b a b l y h a v e p i c t u r e s.

If a member uploads a picture that's large (read as wide) the window will grow to contain the wide graphic and the text will automatically justify to fit the wide format of the page.

This has to do also with the screen resolution you have set on your PC... I use 1280 x 1024 or 1024 x 768. The lower your resoloution the greater the oppportunity that you'll encounter the wide(r) screens.

And the pictures could first be sized smaller before posting. On several wildlife image forums that I frequent the max width under the rules is about 800 pixels wide.

I try to just paste a link to the pic if it needs to be that large to see detail, as I hate having to scroll back and forth as well. After posting I can see how large it really is, too large and I'll just edit and replace it with the link.

When you get a thread like that, try going to Edit and then click Select All and click Copy.

Open Word and click paste in.

It will drop the pictures but all the typing is OK.

Sometimes I just drag across an individual post and copy and paste into Word.

Mike

Mike

When I "select all", it'll paste it all into the word doc, including pix, links etc. Could it be our settings are different? I've never changed mine from the default though??? Good tip though, if yours works like that.

Aussie, what i do is lowwer the amount of responses i can read on a page that way you only have to read through a few reponses at the wide width that the picture is within that page.

I agree its a real pain and make for slowwer reading. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I've posted this bug before, but if you want to add an *Image* with more than about 35 char's in the URL, it doesn't work.
[image]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QwAPAywUL7KgXzEFakwa03v0nqMekHy8nbWaV0bzuCIAOqjCly4VcF05tG0uPS9v2UOUaOhFO6m2RBtLo0Fw0sMYaS83YcdxTp!iBUFJl!c/shellHolder.jpg?dc=4675493136175744643[/image]

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.