Question for Len

MT4XFore

Len, I'm seeing political ads showing up on the site for a senate race in my state. These are what I would classify as "attack" ads and was wondering what they were doing on a hunting website. Personally, I could do without them.

Thanks,

Jim

I'm not Len, but similar questions have come up before. Len "contracts" ad space out to various companies, i.e. Google. They decide what content the ads display, either randomly, or based on data mining (like your IP address location). Len could take the entire ad down, but he doesn't have a lot of control over what shows up.

Nomad, that's about right.

I don't like any of the political ads on LRH but I hardly ever see them. If you see one, give me the url and I will try to block it.

Len is using Google Ads (I think) and it targets you for things that you search google for, things that are in your email messages and such. Len can block some ads but there will always be some comming through. The only way for you NOT to see them (and its not for sure), is Never look up anything Political from your IP address, and dont let people send you Political email to your Gmail account.

There are Pros and Cons to this but overall I like it. Makes searching Google a lot easier, It kinda knows the "General" things that I look for and blocks out things that I am not interested in.

But yeah, thats google Targeting YOU for ads. I get them from Windows hosting | ASP.NET hosting | Dot Net hosting from $1/month all of the time (I am a customer XD), and earlier today I was looking for car insurace and I see a State Farm Ad to the right of this box Right now lol.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.