Question for Goodgrouper!

Exhaust3

I was wondering about your Thunder. I have read and re-read every post on your 338 Thunder. I live in Utah and was wondering if you or Kirby have your reamer? I would like to build a Thunder. PM me if you'd like. Thanks.

I was wondering about your Thunder. I have read and re-read every post on your 338 Thunder. I live in Utah and was wondering if you or Kirby have your reamer? I would like to build a Thunder. PM me if you'd like. Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply. Been out of town awhile.
I have the reamer and Kirby did the chambering. Dave Manson has the blue prints and will give them out with my permission (which you have) or if Kirby does the work, you can borrow it if you like. It is a tight neck though and factory 338 Ultra mag brass will not fit in it to fireform. All brass must be turned.

A friend of mine from Wyoming borrowed the reamer this year to make him a long range whacker and interestingly enough, his gun liked the same powders, same seating depths, same bullets, and same charges of powder when same lots were used. In other words, it seems to be fairly predictable for load development and I happen to have a TON of load data!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.