Question for Berger bullets

MOOSE39465

Just wondering if Berger is going to build a 35 cal. hunting bullet? The reason I ask is Mississippi has a primitive weapon season and you can use a 35 caliber or bigger single shot rifle. It would be nice to have a 35 cal bullet with high BC for hunting those bigger calibers such as 35 whelen.

Our long term goal is to develop the capability to produce up to .50 caliber and everything in between. How long this will take is unknown, but it is in our long term plan; as in several years.

Most of the work on the manual is complete and it should be available by later this summer or fall.

It's shamefully late at this point. We were hoping to have it complete by SHOT show 2012 (January) but this has already slipped. Everything is finished except one or two articles need final edits, after which we can go to print. I hesitate to give a projected release date given our history of missing it (since like 1999).

In the mean time you can email Walt Berger for load data: [email protected]

-Bryan

The delays are understandable with all of the new Hybrid bullets coming out that have to be added to the manual. Would rather wait for the manual if it means having every current bullet in it.

It's shamefully late at this point. We were hoping to have it complete by SHOT show 2012 (January) but this has already slipped. Everything is finished except one or two articles need final edits, after which we can go to print. I hesitate to give a projected release date given our history of missing it (since like 1999).

In the mean time you can email Walt Berger for load data: [email protected]

-Bryan

Send em to me I will edit them and you can hit the print button!! Come on, Man!! You guys got us all wound up waiting.

No seriously, I know you guys are all perfectionists and like to get everything right before it is released. We, well, I at least and I believe most others here, very much appreciate Berger bullets attention to detail on everything you put out and most of all your availability to your customers. Berger is the one of only two manufacturers I know I can call or email and get an answer from someone who is not just working a phone for 8 bucks an hour. Every time I have emailed you guys I have gotten a reply from one of three people, you, Walt, or a woman whose name I do not recall at the moment but when I saw it, it was quite recognizable and she seemed to be just as well versed on the subject. Hornady is the other. I don't know how far up the chain he is there but when I call their customer service I always hear a guy named Doug on the other end, though I do have to go through an operator to route the call. I never have to tell her I want to talk to Doug though. And he is pretty good with both bullet and die questions. As a customer this is a convenience that is thoroughly appreciated and keeps my bullet money spread equally between Berger and Hornady. Keep up the good work.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.