Question about Kenetrek boots and plantar fasciitis

marioq

Anyone have a pair of these and get Plantar Fasciitis while trying to break them in???

I have been plagued by this for 4 months now and though getting better and I did buy some new insoles, I was just curious/.….
Thanks
Mario

How old is your pair of boots?

I ask because I tried them out at the SHOT Show last year, and I was not a fan of their "new" insert. If I ever purchased a pair I decided that I'd swap inserts immediately.

So, I'm not surprised that you're having issues with them.

What insert did you buy?

They were newer. Bought from a guy here and they were in GREAT shape. He wore them for a weekend. He said and they looked less worn than that.

I wore them around the block for a few days and my foot hurt so I bought dr schols inserts where u stand on that pressure pad and it gives you the right insert.
Foot doesn't hurt when I wear them anymore but I think I started the cascade down plantar pain and I've been stretching ever since to try and get rid of it.

It's better but still not normal

Do the stretching, and also use a roller under the foot to help stretch it (Google it). It will take longer to fix it than it did to get it, but eventually it will heal.

Yes I am. Doing that. Lacrosse ball is a cool thing. From west coast so don't play lacrosse or see it but the PT at my office gave me that and it works great

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.