Quesition for Fifty

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by wildcat, Oct 7, 2006.

1. wildcat

wildcat Well-Known Member

Hey Kirby, have you had a chance to take a pic of my action, Lawton M8000. I would love to see her. I guess it's ok if everyone else see's it too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jake

2. wildcat

wildcat Well-Known Member

BTT

3. longrangebo

longrangebo Well-Known Member

I also have a question for Kirby, I ,am having a gun built with the8000 Lawton action, my smith tells me the maker of the clip is having trouble with them. I think it is made by Cheytec. Do you use the same one or something different?

4. Fiftydriver

Fiftydriver <strong>Official LRH Sponsor</strong>

Bob,

From talking with Barney Lawton, I believe EDM is the maker of the magazine system for the M8000 receiver. They use it on their Windrunner rifles. Bruce Baer is said to make bottom metal for them.

I do not know who Chey Tac is having make their magazines but I would suspect its the same.

Kirby Allen(50)

5. longrangebo

Thanks for the info,Bruce is the smith that is making it. He is the one who said they are having trouble? I will be in his shop tomarrow. Hope it works out ok.My action is ready but we are waiting for the mag.

6. Black Diamond 408

Black Diamond 408 Well-Known Member

There is a special company that makes the magazines for the 408 C-T rifles. I had one in my shop several years ago looking to put it into one of my actions. The magazine would not feed up. I returned it to CheyTac for refund. Now CheyTac will not sell a mag. EDM arms uses the same magazine. I am working on a internal magazine system similar to a 700 BDl, only it will still be a single stack, prolly two shot capacity. Plenty for a long range hunter. Large shells like the 408 c-t will allways have some sort of feeding problems, the shells are big and have to feed quickly in a short distance. All things have to be perfect. The Magazine system i make for my rifles work very well as long as you dont get in a big hurry.

Dave

7. longrangebo

Thanks for the info guys, I will be going out to see Bruce in the mourning,should know whats going on by noon. Hope it wokrs out,will get back to you guys

8. longrangebo

I went out to Bruces shop today, he said he got a call from Chey Tac about the clip,feels pretty shure he can get it straightened out,my gun ,the 7mm 416 Rigby is comming along fine. The lawton 8000 is in and looks great , the Kreiger barrel is in, and the stock is finished and ready to go. And he is making the bottom metal for the Chey Tac said he has 100 on order.