Quantico Marine Base - Virginia

It looks like this Saturday starting a 7:00 the 1K range will be open.

The early start time means you can get a few super hot hunting loads fired before the temperature hits the mid 90's and pressures go through the roof.

Fall

Will any one be out there this fall? If so I am the guy with the Beat up parts getter car! I think I will start bringing the truck soon cause the heat works but **** that 454 breaths deep.
So say hello!

Small World

ok...first post...so after being spoiled in the Marines with the nice long distance ranges and having to settle for 50-100yd ranges when i am a civilian (Reserves : ) )...i started looking up long range shooting info...and stumbled across this site...which is awesome...then i stumbled across the QSC...which i hope will be awesome...the paper work is on my table...and now i find that they overlap...very cool.

i have a remington 700 .308 with a crappy 3-9x BSA scope and a harris bipod and i want to jump into the deep end (1k)...a new scope is in the works, I am thinkin Super Sniper 10x cause money is pretty tight (see i have been reading)...is 10x OK for 1k...because i need the scope to double for hunting on the East Coast, which means lots of trees and relatively close shots...

i can't wait to shoot long range again, being a Marine, 500yds with iron sights is my max so far... but 1000 sounds like a whole new ball game of variables and skill, but with a scope it still seems less daunting...but i speak to soon...i have a long way to fall..unit PMI and company high shooter...i will be leaving my ego at home so he doesnt get hurt : )

and i saw someone mention a DD214 to qualify with the QSC for a combat tour or something like that...what is that about?

i am gonna try to be there for the December shoot...still have to join first though...

No, you do not need to be a member first.

A 308 running 175 SMKs at 2600 fps needs about 40 MOA of drop to reach 1000 yards. Spin your dials and see if you have that available. If not PM me and we can talk about how to get it set up.

I would suggest you attend a Rec fire event with your present scope.

Perhaps if things work out in December and I go to the F-class match then you can swap with me on my rifle. It is set up and accurate and drops are known. I have plenty of bullets ( I think).

No, you do not need to be a member first.

A 308 running 175 SMKs at 2600 fps needs about 40 MOA of drop to reach 1000 yards. Spin your dials and see if you have that available. If not PM me and we can talk about how to get it set up.

I would suggest you attend a Rec fire event with your present scope.

Perhaps if things work out in December and I go to the F-class match then you can swap with me on my rifle. It is set up and accurate and drops are known. I have plenty of bullets ( I think).

Bob,

Is there an F-class match at Quantico in December? What a great place to shoot. I shot the 1,000 yard Nationals at Quantico back in August/September. Great range and a whole lot of fun.

Mike Alford

Ok guys heres the deal.I'm talking to the contractor now and it looks pretty good for Dec.9th.BUT for now just pencil it in and I'll get conformation soon.If everything works we should be able to pull off the last match for this year.Just wanted to give everyone as much heads up as possible.Will update as soon as I know for sure.

Steve

They are working on it but it is not certain yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.