Quantico F-Class 2-24-08

Buffalobob

The next F-class match is set for this Sunday at Range 4. Registration starts at 8:30. Excuses and whining begins about 9:00.

On Saturday, Range 4 will be open for practice and you should come early if you need to get your zero established at 100 yards and to get your targets up.

I expect I will be there both days. The weather should be nice enough.

I'll be there Saturday. Excuses and whining might start a day earlier than expected...because of the weather of course.

Buffalobob:
I live near Quantico and would love to join, but I'm not active or former military so I need a sponsor, but I also don't know any members. I've emailed the club a couple of time and have not received any response. Do you have any tips on how I can find a sponsor? or is there some other alternative?

Show up Saturday and stop in the clubhouse and get a form and fill it out and pay the money.

If you wish to shoot on Saturday then bring a rifle and targets and $10. And do the membership thing later. They will probably let you shoot for free if you tell them you are joining.

I use the metal hoop campaign and real estate sign frames and duct tape card board into it and then use blue tape for "X"s on the cardboard.

If you come down to the range make sure you have ear protection. I will be the guy giving bad advice to the person shooting the 40X.

If you need a sponsor you can fill in my name but I believe I just left it blank the first time.

If you are really bad shot, then come on Sunday and compete. It'll even up the playing field for my person.:D

Thanks Buffalobob. I won't be able to make it out there this weekend. I've got too much stuff to do and my rifle is out at the 'smith. But I'm glad to know the membership process is not as difficult as it seems. I'll send you a pm.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.