Quanitco F-class January 4, 2009

Buffalobob

If your New Years Resolution will be to get more practice at long range shooting, then Quantico F-class is a good place to do that.

The general rules are something like this.

Any caliber allowed, except perhaps 50 cal and there is no separate FT-R class. You compete with what ever you brought.

All shooters prone and no front rest nor tripods. Backpacks and bipods only.

No weight limit that I remember.

We will not have paid target pullers so there will be relays and everyone will have to pull targets at some time.

There is no food nor coffee available so bring your own. It takes pretty much all day to shoot.

There will be unlimited sighters and 15 rounds for score at 800 yards, 2 sighters and 15 rounds for score at 900 yards and finally 2 sighters and 20 rounds for score at 1000 yards.

It will be cold and the ground will be wet.

Matches are called off on short notice due to construction work on the base. Matches are canceled for weather if we cannot see the targets. Personally, I don't shoot if there is any rain being as I detest being cold and wet.

No whining and complaining allowed (that's why I don't shoot when the weather is miserable. If I was allowed to complain more then I would shoot in the rain).

Map and real rules can be found here

Longrange Shooters of Va. - Welcome

Laura & I are shooting this one too. I'm going to see if I can ever break out of 5th place, my home of late . . . Maybe some of the top guys won't show up. . . ;-)
. . . Personally, I don't shoot if there is any rain being as I detest being cold and wet.

No whining and complaining allowed (that's why I don't shoot when the weather is miserable. If I was allowed to complain more then I would shoot in the rain).
LOL, according to Steve's last e-mail, "No Bitchin'" either.

Laura and I shot the qual/match down there on Nov 30th and it was about 35 and raining all day Did OK from 300 to 700, but then couldn't hardly see the targets at 800 and everyone goose-egged that stage. Then the fog blew off and we did OK at 900/1,000. Probably the nastiest day I've ever spent out there. Hopefully it will be nicer next Sunday.

Just an update from Steve

Hey Guys and Gals,

Been a slight change for Sun the 4th.Match meeting at the same time 0830 at the top of R4.We will have pullers for the match,seems like we've got several shooters with medical problems so the pullers are back on.

The match fees will be $36.00 with the pullers included.Please try to bring the correct change if possible.

We will have a meeting to air out any complaints that anyone has.This should clear the air so we can all have a good time shooting the rest of the year.

Match fees and we will have 2 classes this year(F-TR 308,223 only)(F-Open all other calibers)are the only changes so far.

See ya'll there Sun.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts