Quality gunbuilder in MN/ND?

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by cakes, Jul 12, 2011.

1. cakes

cakes Member

Time to build a true f-class rifle as my hunting rig has close to 1000 rounds on it already this summer in f-class. Looking for a very competent builder who has attention to detail for a full f-class build. Hoping I can keep it somewhat local in the MN/ND area. Comments/info appreciated,
    Many Thanks, Eric

2. Hornhunter32

Hornhunter32 Well-Known Member

3. cakes

cakes Member

Thanks, His name along with Stan Ware in Westbrook,MN has been recommended numerous times. I'm sure there are others too. EJ

4. wwbrown

wwbrown Active Member

I would recommend Jim Kobe 10841 Oxborough Ave. So. Bloomington, MN 55437 USA Voice: 1-952-884-6031.

Jim does the barrels for some of the top F-class shooters in MN, his rates are good and his turnaround is amazing. I think he will have done 7 barrels for me by the end of this year and about the same last year.

wade

5. Magnumwill

Magnumwill Member

I would also suggest Nate Dagley at Straight Shot Gunsmithing. He does great work.gun)

6. Nodak7mm

Nodak7mm Well-Known Member

Steve Wald of Wald Precision Rifles in Mandan ND. Call (701) 527-6447.

He and Nate D work together on projects and are professional friends. Steve is also a shooter with wood to back it up. 2007 ND F/O champ, ironically Nate won in 2008.

Steve has done three chamber jobs for me and will continue to get my business.

Rod in Fargo

7. F224

F224 Well-Known Member

I have had Jim build me a dozen rifles, he is a member of the Custom Gun Guild and does great work.