QL for 270 Win?

coop2564

Could anyone run data from QL for 150gr ABLR Hornady brass at 90 degrees 3.340 22" barrel using RL 26? Please!

Could anyone run data from QL for 150gr ABLR Hornady brass at 90 degrees 3.340 22" barrel using RL 26? Please!

Quickload defaults to the lowest case capacity that will increase actual chamber pressure. And the Quickload instructions tells you to measure the case capacity of the case fired in your chamber.

Then you need a chronograph and change the burn rate in Quickload until the two velocities match each other to get a ball park estimate of chamber pressure.

Bottom line, you need to calibrate Quickload for every firearm and the reloading components used in that firearm. I have Quickload and knowing what I know now I would never ask for Quickload data. This is because reloading manuals would give better information because they are not computer generated guesstimates.

So if you want Quickload data it means buying a chronograph and calibrating it for every cartridge you shoot.

Example below, the top Lake City case capacity of 30.6 and the bottom Lapua (old lot) at 28.0 case capacity will cause a 6,000 psi chamber pressure difference with the same weight powder charge. And Quickload defaults to 28.0 grains of H2O case capacity as a example for the .223 and spits out the incorrect velocity and pressure data. And you haven't even entered your chronograph calibration data yet.

LjAQ7L9.jpg

So for your own reloading safety I would never ask for Quickload data. Simply because it could be worse than asking for someones else's load information.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.