QD Scope mounting Plate

chas3stix

I have a 20x60x82 Nikon spotting scope and am looking for a QD mounting system for it. It would enable me to quickly go from tripod to window mount. Does anyone know of a manufacturer for this?

I use Arca-Swiss style plates on all my photography gear. I just added a plate to my spotter and use one of my camera tripods for the spotter. I also have a window mount I made out of an old camera ballhead that also uses the plates. You'll need to get a system most likely where all of the heads you own for your tripod and window mounts will use the same plates. I really prefer the dovetail style plates over the octagonal shaped ones. The dovetail plates can slide in quickly and you can leave a screw in as a catch/stop so the camera/scope can't slide all the way out.

I got mine from Wimberly but any of the major photo stores can set you up. If Cameraland is a sponsor I'd try there first.

Wimberley Professional Photo Gear - Camera Body Plate::

I contacted Doug and he couldn't help me...:( I have seen Really Right Stuff but don't know if their stuff will work. Also, their "stuff" is very pricey.

The Outdoorsman that is sold on this site makes dovetail plates and a small light weght adapter

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts