QD Scope mounting Plate

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by chas3stix, Aug 13, 2011.

1. chas3stix

chas3stix Well-Known Member

I have a 20x60x82 Nikon spotting scope and am looking for a QD mounting system for it. It would enable me to quickly go from tripod to window mount. Does anyone know of a manufacturer for this?

2. Topgun 30-06

Topgun 30-06 Well-Known Member

Give Camerland a call. They are a sponsor here and on other websites I belong to and they have about anything you want.

3. davkrat

davkrat Well-Known Member

I use Arca-Swiss style plates on all my photography gear. I just added a plate to my spotter and use one of my camera tripods for the spotter. I also have a window mount I made out of an old camera ballhead that also uses the plates. You'll need to get a system most likely where all of the heads you own for your tripod and window mounts will use the same plates. I really prefer the dovetail style plates over the octagonal shaped ones. The dovetail plates can slide in quickly and you can leave a screw in as a catch/stop so the camera/scope can't slide all the way out.

I got mine from Wimberly but any of the major photo stores can set you up. If Cameraland is a sponsor I'd try there first.

Wimberley Professional Photo Gear - Camera Body Plate::

4. chas3stix

chas3stix Well-Known Member

I contacted Doug and he couldn't help me...:( I have seen Really Right Stuff but don't know if their stuff will work. Also, their "stuff" is very pricey.

5. sp6x6

sp6x6 Well-Known Member

The Outdoorsman that is sold on this site makes dovetail plates and a small light weght adapter