Put the new Wyoming .22 law to the test today

Wyodog

Ok guys and gals i shot an antelope today with the 22-243. The shot was 624 yards with a 5.7 mph cross wind. I am pushing a 75 gn Amax at 3498. Everything performed like it is supposed to and the antelope only moved 10 feet.

One of my favorite rifle builders favored the 22-6mm Remington and raved about it's performance on deer/antelope. Your rifle is near identical.

The 22-243 is a huge favorite among the 'yote hunters in this neck of the woods. I'm happy it worked for you.

Mine is a rechambered 22-250, 1-12" is WAY too slow to stabilize anything useful however, 40grn Blitzkings at 4600fps can bring a smile to your face.

PS- Pics or it didn't happen :D

t

Went on a mule deer hunt with an old friend this week. We had a great time and we both came home with a nice buck. I shot mine with the 22-243 at 586 yards. The buck took 2 steps and fell over. I like the way this setup works.

PS- Pics or it didn't happen :D

t

Outlaw6.0 - dont really want to post my pics. Besides they only prove i shot an animal but not the shot distance or what caliber i used.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.