pulling bullets

the shotty

As some of you may have seen in my other post I recently had some very hot loads. I pulled my bullets from the cases and dumped the powder, should I resize the necks now or just put new powder and a new bullet on and go? I pulled the bullets by using some visegrips and my press if it matters.

Thanks guys, I had one of the hammer type pullers but its loud is a pain and the wife was sleeping in the next room. I wanted to pull the bullets before they accidentally got mixed in with another batch. As for sizing them, I should just be able to take the decaper off the die and neck size right?

Thanks guys, I had one of the hammer type pullers but its loud is a pain and the wife was sleeping in the next room. I wanted to pull the bullets before they accidentally got mixed in with another batch. As for sizing them, I should just be able to take the decaper off the die and neck size right?
take your decapping pin out of the stem and put the stem and expander button back in the die. That way the neck tension will be correct.
As to pulled powder, it is perfectly re-usable if the reloads were well marked. At 25$ a pound, it is a waste to dump it. If you are using a collet puller, the bullet is re-usable too. You can't pull lead bullets with a collet puller so keep that in mind. I use an rcbs collet puller here, and while it costs a few dollars to start with, you save a bunch in recovered components.

Ok that's what I was planning on. I'm dumping powder because I accidentally dumped h4350 on top of some lilgun and didn't realize it till I pulled the trigger. I'll order one of the rcbs pullers. thanks again for the help guys.

remember to get collets in all diameters that you'll need. I've tried to use 'em for a close diameter-- say a 30 for a 7mm, and it will close up the gaps and they are a bugger to open again. I do use a 7mm for my 270 and a 338 for the 375 h@h , but the 338 has been opened up and the 270 and 7mm are so close in diameter it soesn't matter to a collet

Ok that's what I was planning on. I'm dumping powder because I accidentally dumped h4350 on top of some lilgun and didn't realize it till I pulled the trigger. I'll order one of the rcbs pullers. thanks again for the help guys.
Save it in a "Dont Use" jar or two. There are more things to use gunpowder for besides reloading. Did I say USE....I mean more things to look at with gunpowder. No reason to waste perfectly burnable gun powder.

remember to get collets in all diameters that you'll need. I've tried to use 'em for a close diameter-- say a 30 for a 7mm, and it will close up the gaps and they are a bugger to open again. I do use a 7mm for my 270 and a 338 for the 375 h@h , but the 338 has been opened up and the 270 and 7mm are so close in diameter it soesn't matter to a collet
hmmmm......I use my plain jane lee with the same collet for .284-.338. No idea what collet is in it....don't care it works so why mess with it?

hmmmm......I use my plain jane lee with the same collet for .284-.338. No idea what collet is in it....don't care it works so why mess with it?
I think you will find the Hornady works better then the RCBS. I have both, and the Hornady is easier and quicker. Nothing wrong with RCBS.