pull out yardage tape

300spanker

I just watched a stoney-point productions long range coyote hunting dvd. When he had a long shot he pulled out this tape mounted on the side of his scope and looked at his MOA need for each yardage in 50 yard increments. Who sells this retractible tape that mounts on your scope???gun)

Does the tape come completely blank, devoid of any writing or lines or is it sectioned off with lines which one could fill in? Looks like it would be pretty neat.

Does the tape come completely blank, devoid of any writing or lines or is it sectioned off with lines which one could fill in? Looks like it would be pretty neat.

It comes blank.

I used a piece of tape to lay out the yardage clicks first and when I got it laid out in a readable
fashion then I copied it on the tape.

Depending on where your zero and max distance to shoot you will find Less is more.(Don't
clutter it up with to much info.). I used 100 yard increments and it worked well.

If you make the information small and busy it will be hard to read under hunting conditions.

Enjoy

J E CUSTOM

Thanks for responding J E. makes sense, good suggestion to lay out on piece of tape first rather than finding out you've run out of tape before you get it all to fit.

Hi,
Yes the Leupold Retractable tape is best.
For all my rifles, I just setup in Excell the spreadsheet with the Drop in MOA and printed to match the size of the Leupold Foil.
I printed on Avery Adhesive paper (from Staples) and sticked to the metal foil.
Works like a charm, and if you have to change the elevation, or hunting area , just remove the label and stick another one.
Make sure you are printing with LASER PRINTER and not inkjet (the ink will wash out)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.