Puff the Magic Coyote

2ClicksOff

I was varmint hunting once with my Sako 22-250 with a friend and a Coyote came out of nowhere chasing a yearling fawn. Still had some spots. I put the crosshairs on him with what I thought was a good lead. Boom and I saw a puff of hair thru the scope. At the same time I saw the Coyote dig in and hit passing gear with his back haunches hauling ***. A friend with me shot at him also and gut shot him ending the escape. When we walked over to check him out I noticed he had only half a tail. Wish we would have had cell phones back then as it would have made a great picture. The Roadrunner wins again...lol
The deer was ok and I guess it was really scared but survived this day. One more day to grow up for deer season. Just can't win in the wild....

Actually I was living in Santa Cruz, Ca and my friend knew someone just up the coast with a ranch on the ocean.
A rare day that the fog wasn't so thick to see any varmints. Lots of Coyotes in those fields though. Probably still are
years later.

I loved puff the magic dragon he had staying power and put the fear of God in the bad guys . Interesting story if coyote would just tell us some of the things they saw in their lives I'm sure we would be amazed by it .