PSE TAC questions

jmoney

Hi there, I am about to move to Oklahoma where the gun season is very short for deer and need to get a crossbow. Can these PSE bows really take whitetail out to 100 yds? What would be the disadvantage to trying the shorter tac10i?

Hi there, I am about to move to Oklahoma where the gun season is very short for deer and need to get a crossbow. Can these PSE bows really take whitetail out to 100 yds? What would be the disadvantage to trying the shorter tac10i?

I am not an expert but I think I can answer your question.

The disadvantage of the Tac 10 would be that It shoots shorter bolts/Arrows, and there fore has a shorter draw length, Making it slower and also reducing the effective range from the Tac 15.

It would be handier in a blind than the Tac 15.

As to taking deer at 100 yards it is possible. but until I actually do it several times I am not sure
of the consistency at those distances to take large game.

I would however have no problems with an 80 yard shot (Still a long way for an arrow)based on what I have seen the Tac 15 do and the arrow weight and performance.

Len can probably give you a lot more information on the difference and capabilities of the Tac 15
and the Tac 10.

J E CUSTOM

The 10i is different than the 15I as follows:
  • 4 inches shorter
  • same width
  • few ounces lighter
  • 50 fps slower

The 10i is hardly sold at all. In fact I've had 2 on order for 4 months and haven't seen one yet. It was brought to market after the 15, and then only because 1 or 2 states said crossbows must not be faster than 350 fps if they were to be included in the normal archery season. Since then 1 of the 2 states dropped the 350 fps distinction.

thanks for the answers, I need to find somewhere to handle one of these in person before I make the purchase.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.