Process for Bed Liner on Aluminum

royinidaho

Should anyone really care I've worked out a method to get the aerosol truck bed liner to stick to aluminum. About 99% effective, so far.

Step one: Daughter must deliver at least 1 baby. Two is better as grandma will be in a hurry to get away and be gone longer. (apparently teaching daughter to nurse two is 8 times harder than learning to do one. Never had that problem with stock cows:))

Step two: While grandma is away, clean aluminum, prime with Bull Dog spray primer and let dry.

Step three: Spray with bed liner.

Step four: Set grandma's oven for 200* and bake for 59 minutes (59 minutes is the limit of grandma's timer:rolleyes:). Let cool, don't quench. WaaLaa she sticks.

Oh yeah, ya gotta remove one rack from the oven, move the remaining one to the top and rig up something to hang the part.

Note: Don't let the part touch the heating element. If it does it really stinks.

Step 5: Don't let grandma come home till at least the next day.......and like I said, that's not a problem w/twins.......

Well well well

CONGRATS Granpa !! On the grandkids that is , not your bedliner experiment . That has to be some sleep deprivation dream anyway cuz everybody knows you cant get a truck bed in a kitchen stove.

Now , make me a list of all your toys and send it to me pronto . Then I will let you know which ones of them I want you to send to me .

Or else you know who will be told you know what .
\
Jim B

Where U been? Saw some nifty tundra pics but figger'd you were hibernating????

Not a truck bed but I've had the universal problem that everyone else has trying to get stuff to stick to aluminum.

Ya otta see my nifty back pack and heavy barrelled rifle carrying system. Now all I need are some snowshoes and I'm ready for cougar and spring bear across the canyon.;)

sometimes life hits really hard and

Where U been? Saw some nifty tundra pics but figger'd you were hibernating????

Not a truck bed but I've had the universal problem that everyone else has trying to get stuff to stick to aluminum.

Ya otta see my nifty back pack and heavy barrelled rifle carrying system. Now all I need are some snowshoes and I'm ready for cougar and spring bear across the canyon.;)

it takes a while to get past it . Hibernation ? .............yes , but more of the mind than body . I'll spare you the details , just one of my newly acquired abilities ,long overdue .

In my exploits and endeavours to put unnatural substances on a variety of materials I have found that a " etching primer " does wonders for any follow up coats as regards aluminum . There are many out there by various mfgs and they all work well .

Now , yes , I should see your "roaming around " gear you speak so glowingly of . So , wheres the pix ? Private of course , dont want the masses to get a leg up eh?

BTW, have you reached a point in your experience with reloading to have any thing to say about the 3000 fps threshold as regards accuracy ??

Now , if we could get that most unusal of specimens ( gun toting /shooting bleeding heart liberal ) of a friend whose initials are BuffaloBob to partake of these newly renewed hilarities we can set things back to order .

Oh ! , how come you didnt ask if there was some meat pix to go along with the tundra pix ?

Jim B.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.