Probley a weard Question

Coyote Slayer

OK with this GPS thing I know that a mile is 1760 yards and on that a tenth would be 176 yards now do you take the 176 and times by 2 and 3 and so on to get the different tenth of miles in to yards to set up a drop chart for the MOA of your scope and Dave and peater I tried to use the gps part of the program and it would not let me change the rifle can you please give me a quick how to here or Please E mail me when eather of you have the time I know this will work super and I want to thank you for letting us try all YOUR!!!!!!!! hard work. I know you guys had to put tons of hours in to it. I feal like a crook BUT promise to use the heck out of it this winter and give you bouth a play by play on how it works in the backcountry of alaska:Roy

CS

The GPS part is in UTM (Universal Transverse Mercator), in this mode the positions are given in meters of Easting and Northing. The distances between any two points is calculated in meters. You'll need to switch your GPS to the UTM mode to get things to work properly.

Using the 10ths of a mile you could be off by as much as a 20th of a mile plus the GPS fix accuracy. Using UTM you could be off by .5 meters plus the accuracy of the GPS fix.

The fix the cell that won't let you enter the rifle;
Click on the cell for the rifle data,
Click on the Tools option on the menu bar
Click on Protection then on the 'fly-out' click Unprotect Sheet
Click on Format on the Menu Bar
Click on Cells
Click the Protection Tab
Click the Locked Checkbox (remove the check)
Click Okay
Click on Tools on the Menu Bar
Click on Protection
Click on Protect Sheet
Click on Okay (leave the password blank)

It's as easy as that, now you can enter rifle name stuff.

The 'Thing' is for use by all and is free, Peter got it started and I got hooked on changing it around (I'm a little compulsive in nature).

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.