Problems with new 243

Gary Kaney

I purchased a new Winchester Model 70 Coyote Lite . My problem is. One day my reloads will shoot 3/4" and the next 2". I took the Bell & Carlson stock off and found that recoil lug bedding was touching the barrrel at one side so i ground that back enough not to touch the barrel. I've checked screws on the rings and bases and also the stock for proper tension. I just don't know what gives here. I"ve got a Kahles scope on the gun, i've thought about trying a different scope next. I'm using Winchester brass I've even thought about trying different brass. Any thouhgts appreciated.

When you say that the group size is different from day to day, are the reloads from the same batch or are they loaded, shot, and then reloaded to shoot the next time? Just trying to get a feel of where to start looking.

problems

Is the scope a 56mm? I was helping a friend out and he had a Kahles that the reticle would move in. I have heard that the Kahles had a problem with the 56's Look through the scope at a target and tap on it. I could see the reticle move in this one. Good luck