Problems with a Surefire Socom 2 getting stuck.

So back in the Military, I was exposed to the Surefire Socom 1 suppressors. I thought they were awesome. So a few years ago I bought a Socom2 762. At first I had it on a SBR 300blk. Had no problems. Then tried it on a 6.5 RPR no issues. Both of those rifles I was running the war comp. I tried it on a Bergara HMR in 22-250 using the standard base 3 fork adapter and after 5 shots I could not get it to unlock or come off. I've tried heat and soaking it had to send it back to the factory with the adapter stuck in it. It took four months for them to send it back. They sent me the same adapter brand new sealed in the package and the Cannes also looked like it was brand new spotless but with my same cereal. So either it was cleaned meticulously or it was a new one with my serial on it. So yesterday I took that brand new adapter and put it on a brand new Sig Tread 716i in 308. Fired three factory rounds through it, and it is stuck on again.
I just don't get it this is the easiest mounting system in the world you put it on there turn it till it drops down on the locating pin and then the ratcheting collar tightens up. Now it's so tight you cannot get the ratcheting collar to turn to the off position so that you could even fire it off of the gun. Looking for help has anybody else had this problem. Do you not turn the ratcheting collar full down tight when you mount it? We always did in the military and I had no problems even on full auto

Doesn't exactly answer your question, but I think their design is susceptible to carbon build up. I run their Socom muzzle brake on my AR15 with a Warden which uses the same attachment method with the ratcheting collar and is not caliber specific. I have had it on there for a few years and it comes off and goes on just fine. I built an AR10, used a new Socom 7.62 brake, and tried to throw my existing Warden on there to see and it absolutely will not mount. It gets about 95% of the way on but won't seat far enough to ratchet on. I am guessing that the carbon inside has created a mold basically of my 5.56 brake and there is no clearance left for the .308.

In your situation, I am sure they cleaned your suppressor because it is serialized and regulated. Just like a manufacturer can't take your broken firearm and slap the same serial number on a new one and send it to you. I would always ratchet the collar fully down to avoid it coming loose and causing a baffle strike. What did you soak the jammed up can/flash hider in the first time?

Also not to bash SF but their customer service is lackluster to nonexistent unless you are LEO.

Thanks for your info. I fully agree about the lackluster customer service. I don't know about the carbon buildup because the adapter was brand spanking new out of the package and the Can is like I said came back from Surefire spotless. I wouldn't think three rounds of 308 could possibly create that much buildup. I'm just basing on the fact that I would run it on a 300 black for hundreds of rounds and it would still come off. Or the 6.5 Needmore. I'm starting to think that it is the particular adapter?? But the only way I could prove that is if I order in another Warcomp to try. Can you tell me what exact adapter of the three different types that you are running? As for the soaking, I soaked it in a gallon of Kroil.

I'm starting to think that it is the particular adapter??
What was the barrel length on the 22-250 and 308?

Muzzle pressure is the primary limiting factor of what a suppressor can withstand, a shorter barrel is much harder on a can than a larger bore round with a longer barrel that produces more gas volume. 22-250 is an overbore high pressure round, and the 308 is probably a 16" barrel.

I can't imagine you're doing anything to the can that should push it to the point of damage/ locking it up like this with the 22-250 and 308, but the reason why it's not locking up on the 300 BLK and 6.5 CM is that they probably have lower muzzle pressures than the other two that are causing you problems. Much lower for the 300 BLK if you're shooting subs.

Sounds like a problem for Surefire to sort out for you.