Problem with the VXlll LRT need Help!

John-Pure Precision

LRH Sponsor
I whent out to to put a zero on my scope and after bore sighting I was 3 inches low and 4 left. I put the corrections in the scope and shot and I key holed my first shot. So before I freaked out I took the correction off the scope and then put it back in. Now I was shooting 6 inches high and 2 left. So i tried to group it there thinking my rounds were off or somthing was wrong besides my scope. After checking everything was tight and nothing crazy was going on I continued to shoot. I managed to hold a 9 inch group at 200 yards!!!! this gun is a 1/4 MOA gun.
So is this a scope issue or am I missing checking on anything on the rifle. The rifle is a proven shooter and all rounds are loaded to the T. I had this scope on a 338 edge could that have knocked the guts out of it? I am going to buy a Night Force tomorrow I think I am done with Leupold. Any help would be great.

Im sure if it is a scope isue Leupold will fix it. Send it back if you have ruled out mounts and gun being the cause. I doubt a 338 would blow that scope up. Make sure you did not mess up your crown with the bore sight tool. Most all bore sight tools are junk. You would be better off shooting a 25 yard group at a big box and make the needed corections then go to 100 yards. Many a crown have been fubar by a bore sight device. Try another scope if you have one.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts