Primers

geauxtigers

Just a question but is anyone using the cci br primers. I have always used federal Match Gold medal and they are really hard to get. If so are you using them with any luck. I am looking to use them in a 300 RUM. I am just trying to use something that will work equally well.

Thanks
Taylor

Last edited:
I have used these primers in all kinds of things. They work just fine for me. I have used them in two of my bench rest rigs. No issues. Good Primer!

i have started using WOLF primers for most loads now. Started because others were hard to find, then discovered the WOLF primer is much more consistant, so use them all the time now.

Hmmmm so what one should I try. I have to get something. Both are good ideas. Just have always shot the fed 215m and cannot get them now.

Taylor

I'm sold on the wolf now. Not the standard, but the mag. primers (LRM and SRM). The mag primers are no hotter, but have a harder cup. Warning. Once you go with the wolf primers, you'll have to stay with them. They stretch the primer pocket.

Just a question but is anyone using the cci br primers. I have always used federal Match Gold medal and they are really hard to get. If so are you using them with any luck. I am looking to use them in a 300 RUM. I am just trying to use something that will work equally well.

Thanks
Taylor

I tested the CCI BR2 and 250's last summer in my 7MM Mag and found them to be almost identical in velocities. Groups were the same. Just as a side note they are both about 25 fps. slower than Fed 215M and about 75 fps. slower than WLRM primers in my rifle. WLRM primers caused stiff bolt lift in a otherwise warm load.

WLRM are the next hottest to the Federals. I haven't seen the wolfs tested against
the rest so no comment on them.

Thanks all for the feedback. I just ordered cci large magnums. Hopefully that was a wise choice. I will see how they differ in velocities and if they r pretty consistent.

Thanks Taylor

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.