Primer tool

I have a Forester coaxial press which I use for seating primers. Reload for 6.5x284,6BR, 6.5 Grendel. Only for hunting and target shooting. No competition. My question is it worth the money for the 21st century primer tool? Versus the way I do it now
They make excellent products. Only you can answer if it is worth your investment. If you are happy with your results, stick with your process. I prefer to hand prime and have a few different kinds/brands, so for me, yes.

I have a Forester coaxial press which I use for seating primers. Reload for 6.5x284,6BR, 6.5 Grendel. Only for hunting and target shooting. No competition. My question is it worth the money for the 21st century primer tool? Versus the way I do it now
It really depends on how precise your rifles are.
I was shooting comp in 2 disciplines with several rifles ranging from 22 cal, 26 & 30 in F-class and 33 & 37 in extreme LR shoots over a mile and 2000metres.
I bought the 21st Century and loved it, tuning loads with primer crush is real. Then I got the Primal Rights which is essentially the same but I find easier to use with my hands.
If you think it would help with your reloading, I say go for it, but I will say it may not improve mediocre rifles ability.

Cheers.

Yes the rifles are more capable than me and my wife are as shooters. Other than bragging rights I don't know if it is worth the money. As I said we are not competitive shooters. We strive for hunting accuracy which is way different. I probably will get it anyway because in time I hope we get to that level of precision in our shooting.

Attachments

• 17E5A221-F440-4CD0-AB06-C444D505D9D1.jpeg
    17E5A221-F440-4CD0-AB06-C444D505D9D1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 99
  • E26E9848-903F-4C08-8924-D5E5BDD3FEB3.jpeg
    E26E9848-903F-4C08-8924-D5E5BDD3FEB3.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 101
  • D2BA499E-5C4F-45B7-86FF-678635F3BE5F.jpeg
    D2BA499E-5C4F-45B7-86FF-678635F3BE5F.jpeg
    700.7 KB · Views: 104
  • C636B7B1-5D5A-4C5B-AAD9-7E2BF17238B7.jpeg
    C636B7B1-5D5A-4C5B-AAD9-7E2BF17238B7.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 97
I used two different types of grip-type primer tools for several years, then switched to the RCBS bench-mounted primer tool. It has a long lever arm that gives plenty of pressure for crush-fitting primers and doesn't wear out my forearm the way the grip type priming tools do. I have a Forester press but have never used the priming feature because I don't like the idea of inserting primers individually by hand, nor do I like the idea of working between the press handles to place the case in the priming head. Just seems like an inconvenient way to prime cases. If it works for you, why change? OTOH, if you're gonna change, take a look at the RCBS tool that mounts on your bench (or on a piece of wood that you clamp to your bench top). You load up a tube of primers, put the tube on the tool, then seat them. Good open architecture for placing/removing brass and you have a good feel for seating primers consistently.

From those photos I wouldn't change anything. It it ain't broke don't fix it. I use an RCBS hand priming tool, but use it for ease of convenience more than anything. Once it is set up I can prime 100 cases in no time flat. Plus with hand priming it allows me the opportunity ti feel if my primer pockets are getting loose on fire formed brass. So for me I hand prime for speed/convenience because I fill the tray with 100 primers, tumble them around so they're all facing up and start priming. Using a pickup tube and a primer tray to align the primers, then putting the pick up tube into the press, then placing the casing in and out of the press is far too complicated than priming by hand.

I have several primering tools. Stepped up to 21st ctr. now. I haven't gotten a chase to use it yet. but looking forward to using it. I do like to feel how the primer pocket are when setting primers. Do really want to spent the money.

What you want is a tool you can feel the primer anvil touch with and a stop to control distance from firing pin and "crush".

While the CPS does this best, it is certainly tops in terms of price.

The K&M, Franklin and 21st Century hand tools do it too. A step up woulda be the RCBS + Hollands setup.

Pick your price and hand strength!