Primer/Powder ordering

tim62988

what kinds of wait times are you guys seeing for primers & powder?

I'm thinking of placing an order since there are a few places that are still allowing items to be backordered, I figure companies like Federal, IMR, ect... are still making products they are just already spoken for as soon as they hit the warehouse

i don't want to pay the hazerdous fee but since i've been told it's on a "per order" basis from brownells and I can spend a lot more than $25 just to get the the nearest place with reloading supplies, i'm thinking a couple thousand primers, and 10lbs or so of powders along with empty brass & bullets should get me started on my new adventure

Well, I've been waiting for a powder order from Sinclair since Christmas. I also have a backorder with an independent seller that's been going on for a couple of months. And lastly, I have an order with Powder Valley where I was able to catch some powder that was in-stock. Only thing with them is that they're so backed up filling orders it's going to take about six weeks before that order is shipped. Fortunately, I just received my invoice from PV, after waiting three weeks, so my order should ship within a couple of weeks.

Well, I've been waiting for a powder order from Sinclair since Christmas. I also have a backorder with an independent seller that's been going on for a couple of months. And lastly, I have an order with Powder Valley where I was able to catch some powder that was in-stock. Only thing with them is that they're so backed up filling orders it's going to take about six weeks before that order is shipped. Fortunately, I just received my invoice from PV, after waiting three weeks, so my order should ship within a couple of weeks.

I placed an order at Powder Valley about two weeks ago and got an auto response/basic invoice of my order. The day I ordered, the header on their website said the date expected to ship if ordered today was March 8. That was yesterday so we will see how accurate their ticker is. haha. Standing by for now, I guess.

Third Generation Shooting Supply had the CCI #34 7.62 primers and the Winchester Large Magnum Rifle in stock last week. I bought 2000 of the CCI and 1000 of the Winchester as a knee-jerk reaction on Monday afternoon (March 4) and it was at my door on Thursday (March 7). From the sounds of it, 3rdGSS has their crap together!

I don't know how consisitent the Winchester primers are but it's worth a shot if I run out of Federal #215's. I just got a bolt .308 so the CCI #34 primers should be good to go there. I know the #34's are supposed to be harder for semi auto service rifles to prevent slam fires and what not but I bet my little 700 can put a dent in them.... Uhem. A tad off topic.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.