Pride Fowler Scopes?

semo97

Does any one know anything about these scopes? Rifle Scopes - Red Dot Pistol and Rifle Scopes Pride-Fowler, INC. Home of the Rapid Reticle I have done a net search and do not find much. I know they put together a reticle for Zeiss the rapid Z. I like there 10x42, a little more then I want to spend unless it is better then a Burris Euro Diamond 2.5-10x44, Bushnell 6500 2.5-16x42, or the Zeiss conquest 3.5-10x44 milldot or rapidZ600. The Zeiss is about the same price as the Pride Fowler. Sure like there reticle. Thanks
Paul

You might PM sscoyote--he has one and may have another on the way.
I don't care for the yardages in the reticle--it is limiting to me.
I would prefer teh MOA listed internally over yardage #'s
Preference on my part.

I have the 3-9X 32mm 22 Long Rifle RR, and it is my favorite LR compact scope and reticle. It is on an AR-15 .223AI, and just recald. to the load i'm using.

I just received the 3-9X RR600 reticle, and am looking forward to testing it.

Their scopes are very well made, IMO.

SScoyote, I am putting it on an AR 223 when it is completed. A DTech build. There may not be too many out there not much info, I like the 3-9x42 they have to offer would be a better field of view close up.

semo

I have been thinking about getting one of these for well over a year and like you have looked in to every lead and read every artical there is on them.

I am thinking about putting it on my M1A and have put allot of thought into it but still have not made a choice. If you are Mil/LE you can get a discount from Shadow Enterprises Home Page it was 571.50 for the 800 model with the side focus.

If you do get it let me know how it works out for you

They're designed as a BDC reticle, so i'd imagine in a mil/LE environment they'd have to work in that fashion. As a hunter i just recal. the subtension to the trajectory of my load, put the dope in a Butler Creek ocular cover and go hunting. I really love the 22 Long Rifle reticle (really for any trajectory) as it has excellent windage reference--each main stadia is divided into quarters with short line stadia. It makes for an excellent windage reference system. It's sort of like a more practical Horus Vision system.

SScoyote, I am putting it on an AR 223 when it is completed. A DTech build. There may not be too many out there not much info, I like the 3-9x42 they have to offer would be a better field of view close up.

Drop me a line if you want.

cdrayer at rapidreticle.com

I've done a bit of shooting with the RR800 reticle on an 18" upper, using mostly 77 or 75 grain bullets.

Been awhile since I've passed through here....howdy sscoyote.

Chad
PFI

Hello Chad. I just mounted the 3-9X 42mm RR600 on my D-Tech AR, and it looks good (gonna have to get taller rings tho with this setup to get to the charging handle). The stadia subtensions are set up for a 200 yd. zero, and follow the trajectory of various cartridges similar to the 243 Win. using a Sierra 100 gr. SBT @ 2950 mv (i'm assuming sea level, SAP). I live at 4600 ft., and running the ballistics of the load Mike Milli gave me of the 87 V-Max (.4 BC) @ 3100 +/-, the stadia subtensions don't add up to even hundred yd. intervals (thank God--i don't like boring reticles, as it's no fun to write about them honestly).

Here's what i will do. Chad supplied me with a schematic of the reticle detailing the subtensions of all the stadia points, lines and dots of that reticle. I'll just recal. as mentioned above with my other AR upper, check at the range, make up a dope sticker and stick it in my BC scope cap cover, once tested and troubleshot if necessary. The scope comes with 25 different load combinations that match the reticle stadia at even hundred yd. intervals making interpolation simple.

With the load i'm using the RR600 becomes a "RR 650" sort of, as the "600 yd." stadia @ 11.4 MOA matches the ballistics profile of my load to that range--nice, IMO. Now If i wanna go further they provide a nice little low profile tgt. turret that'll give me an additional 14 MOA of elevation beyond the lowest stadia's zero which according to the ballistic profile will get me to 1000 yds. using the lowest stadia for windage reference (i don't run turret windage clicks for big game and coyotes).

The stadia r great for reticle rangefinding as well if u're into that sort of thing.

Oh yeah i almost forgot. Jacob Gottfredson wrote up the PFI system in PS magazine awhile back, I'll find it and if u guys want a copy of the writeup let me know i'll send it to u. That's the best writeup i've ever seen on the PFI system.

My article, "Long-Range Coyotes a Custom AR-15, and the Little Scope That Could" should be in the next issue of Varmint Hunter magazine.

Last edited:
Check out Precision Shooting 10/05 issue, pg. 45 for Gottfredson's writeup on the PFI systems. Or shoot me an e-mail--i'll send a copy of it to u.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.