Price gouging on new Winchesters!!! Model 94 $999 M70 $999

Ballistic64, It's fine, You guys can take this any direction you want. I was just curious if this was widespread, sounds like it's not.

I personally don't care for the above mentioned store. When I go in there It's hard not to notice how green all the gun clerks are. I don't give a rats if thay are there just for a job, but when you ask a simple question and they try some BS explenation instead of saying "I don't know". Thats annoying.

They also had a sign by there Cooper rifles, "Can your varmit rifle shoot groups like that" Refering to there 50 yard factory target shot out of a vise with a 36X Leopold. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif OOOOHH I'm soooo impressed. If you ask them it was 100 yards freehand in a 20 mph wind. Not knocking Coopers. Just the stupid signs they put up. Some no nothing buys that gun puts a 3x9 on it and can barely keep them under an inch. Then what do they tell him when he returns ****ed off.

A while back, I saw a pair of "Winchester" binoculars and a small pocket knife. Both said "made in China" on the flip side. Wow....that's gotta hurt.

I have no experience with CDNN,just noticed in Gun List they had them (the wssm's) on sale in a variety of guns.
I know what you mean about the salesmen though,most of them are taught to give some kind of reply because management hates salesmen that reply "I dont Know".It would be better if the uninformed salesmen would reply "Im not sure,but I'll find out for you". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.