price check

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by paul23, Dec 16, 2006.

1. paul23

paul23 New Member

I'm new to this forum and have a quick question for you guys. I'm looking at a new sendero in 300 Win short action ultra mag. It already has a trigger job, bedded, and ported barrel. Never been fired. How much would you guys pay for this gun. The gun store has a 890$ price tag on it. Also what would this gun's recoil be like. I've only shot a 270, 30/06, 7mm-08. Would it be much more than any of these? thanks

2. Michael Eichele

Michael Eichele Well-Known Member

With the muzzle brake and the weight of the sendero it would recoil less than the others provided they were sporter weight you mentioned. If it truly has been bedded, has a good trigger job and a quality brake, it would be worth 1000-1200 buck to most shooters in the market for that rifle with those mods.

Welcome aboard.

3. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm new to this forum and have a quick question for you guys. I'm looking at a new sendero in 300 Win short action ultra mag. It already has a trigger job, bedded, and ported barrel. Never been fired.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe its me but I'd be a bit suspicious of a "new", "unfired" rifle with all of this work, particularely at a discount price.

It just doesn't add up to me.