PRESSURE!!!! arrgggggghhhh

G

Well.. here is a target I was shooting... practicing for a postal match I am shooting...

the target on the right has 3 shots in it.. I was very pleased and said "can I do it again.??". the target on the left has 2 .. I got real excited and really blew the third shot... but what caused the "flier" is not what you may think and had nothing to do with the rifle and nothing to do with trigger control or cheek weld.. somthing a little more less obvious when shooting prone..

care to guess...

I'll tell ya if ya guess it...

41.5var_2670fps.jpg

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited by: Ric Horst ]

JB,

no worries I just had a good day....

belive it or not .. and I confirmed this again today. It has to do with the way I was positioning my left foot while in the prone position. I found myself digging my toe in to "push" forward into the recoil.. and it throws the shot down and left?? If I just relax my foot (point my toe) it goes into the group... weird huh...

I guess it is just the way my body is built...

why the name change Ric?

Fancy shooting BTW.

Oh yeah,...I'm all booked for the Oct hunt with Trophy Ridge,..thanks

[ 04-04-2004: Message edited by: JustC ]

Ric,

Last Feb while shooting up in Tucson, I took my jacket off during the sighter period. My point of impact at 1K moved over six inches. I put the jacket back on and the next shot hit the ten ring.

It's amazing how little things can make a difference.

Hi Ric
I would say you are very lucky to have a rifle which is so accurate and consistent.
This rifle is able to teach you and has taken you to a new level IMHO.

You will not be satisified with anything less from now on though!!! where long range or surgical accuracy is required.

Very interesting, Tim.

Any thoughts on whether or not you may have canted the rifle differently? Were you shooting from a rest or of the bipod?

I think that for the first time I have 2 rifles that I have a world of confidence in. I know that they shoot exactly where pointed if I am doing everything correctly... I now know that if they don't go where pointed.. I has gotta be me... sure does make you a better shooter....

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts