President

Jim Schmidt

I am Jim Schmidt, President of Arizona Ammunition, LLC. We are a custom benchrest quality rifle ammunition manufacturer and sell world wide. We started in 1996 and take in customer rifles and develop use and rifle specific custom rifle ammunition using all top quality high performance bullets, benchrest prepared cases, and top quality componets. Our focus is extreme accuracy (one hole) and very high speed. We do extensive ammunition componets and rifle testing, have our own range, do R&D for several companies, and much more.
I am a NRA certified instructor, Life Time Hunter Safety Instructor in Kansas, Board member of the World Championship Coyote Calling Contest, Former VP of the Fifty Caliber Shooter Association and the Arizona State Rifle and Pistol Association (life member too), formerly on the board of the Cactus Match League, current NRA member, currently a Federal hunter for the USDA, member of the National and Arizona Trappers Association, and have had an FFL since 1980. I write for a number of publications, have been featured on the History Channel, appeared in Congress on the 50 BMG rifle issue, and very well connected in the firearms world for many many years. I do professional firearms and componets seminars for many organizations like Sarfari Club International, Elk show, Deer show, Sheep show, Sportsman's Expo(s), the Harrisburg show, and many more. Currently one of the sponsors of the World Championship Coyote Calling Contest and the Fifity Caliber Shooters Association World Championships.
I am a college graduate, married, and grown children. I had my own Hunting and Fishing televison show in the mid 1970's and operated a professional predator control business in Kansas in the 1970's. I started coyote hunting in 1960 and have chased them in nearly every way possible. I have an extreme focus on quality, high performance, and telling the truth. Not always popular these days.

Last edited:
Glad you found LRH.
It's nice to see members with experience. That's a long list of credentials you've got.:Dgun)
Sadly many of the newer members here contribute very little usefull information. Not all, but the majority it seems these days.
Anyway, its nice to see new members whove been there done that Before they think they're experts...:rolleyes:
Looks like you've put in your time, & then some. I look forward to reading your posts. I'm always up for learning something new.

As you may already know, or have already read, there's a growing list of guys asking questions concerning the big 50. Not too many folks have information for them.
There's also a coyote hunting section here. Looks like you'll feel right at home in no time.

Thank you for bringing your experience to a great forum.

We need more folks like this.

Hello! I am trying to figure out how to edit the profile I just put on and can not get it yet Do you know how?

Anyway in my service I have fired over 4,000 rifles developing ammunition for them for all applications around the world. I started with the big 50 while located in the same building with McMillan for 8 years. It was their idea to start AZ AMMO. Kenny Jarrett trained me, I am personal freinds with Tooley, Hart, Bansner, Lazzeroni and many many more. I have shot just about all of the big 50's too. We have developed ammo for nearly all models. At one time we were the largest custom 50 BMG ammunition manufactuer in the world. Not so today as there are many many other players now.

Presently I cannot post anything on predator hunting as a restriction from the USDA while still employed by the USDA as a full time Federal hunter but, that will change. I have 52 years of coyote hunting stories. I do not deer or elk hunt, just coyotes.

Thanks for the acknowledgement and welcome though. Let me know if you knw how to change the profile???? Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.