Precision trigger

I really like the Geissele SD-E, which is the same as a SSA-E but with a flat blade trigger instead of the standard curved.

I have a Timney in my AR-15 and I love it. It's a three pound yellow trigger. It has creep, but not enough that most would notice. I'm saying maybe .007" than a nice crisp break. I believe the only reason I notice it is because I shoot a Jewell 2LB on a Rem M-700. I love this AR-15 trigger and picked it up from Primary Arms for two bills. Heck I paid more for my scope mount and all it doesn't have any moving parts to keep clean.

Hiperfire 24c is what I use. Had a JP trigger before and this is hands down much better. Has a smoooooth take up and crisp break. Supposed to be a good rapid fire trigger also if that kind of shooting floats your boat. Haven't compared it to others in the same price range but I wouldn't hesitate to put it up against any ar triggers. It has extra springs to keep the power up enough to set off primers unlike other triggers with the 2lbpull. Hiperfire will always ignite them for you

that's like asking guys what barrel they suggest.

What you want is probably greatly dependent on how you want it to function.

I've got a modified factory trigger with a 3lb spring kit that cost about $35 to get into the sweet spot. I use that on my integrally suppressed 9mm after I pulled it out of my precision 243WSSM.

Put a 3lb Timney into my 243WSSM and it's a sweet set up, but pretty hard to justify more than double the cost of a very well modified factory trigger.
I just don't see it. Not taking anything away from Timney, but once you get any improvement over "FACTORY" you start hitting diminished return.
The improvement you get from a $35 mod, to a $150 drop in, to a $250 ultra awesome...isn't really that big of deal to me.

I've got a 2 Stage NM in my Armalite and that's nice as well, but there is no way I'm dropping $200+ on trying to improve it.

Back before I knew anything about ARs I sent parts to bill springfield for a trigger job. It came back, worked great, and was nicer than my dad's RRA national match 2 stage, at least to me.

The AR platform is like the 10/22 platform minus Kidd 2 stage triggers. 7 companies can get you a 2-3 lb. pull, either with their own parts, or with your stock parts. If someone offered a 2 stage with 3 oz/3oz pull for an AR, then I would completely pay $200 up. Until then, I will pay someone to modify the stock goods for me, or look into doing it myself.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.